Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Additcted to Audio

Let me just say that I love audiobooks. They revolutionized my commute back in the day when my commute was but an hour in bumper to bumper traffic from NY. It's possible that audiobooks have kept me out of jail, as I credit them with keeping road rage at bay. True, I try not to listen to anything too serious, heavy or dense. Nothing that requires too much concentration, and absolutely nothing that would/could get me fired up. I definitely have favorite narrators that I love to listen to. Jim Dale could read the phone book and I'd listen. Ditto Barbara Rosenblatt. I love audiobooks, however, I haven't really used our digital audio collection. I got an iPod a few years back, and probably because I don't have an MP3 Player (yet),and I know that iPods won't work directly with NetLibrary and Overdrive, I hadn't spent a lot of time perusing and following our collections. They've grown. A lot. If I didn't have a Mac at home, I probably would have downloaded a book to my computer there, to listen to while cooking or whatever, but that's my problem, I suppose. We have a lot of titles in our collections that I would definately listen to, if that counts for anything. Setting up a Netlibrary account was easy-peasy, and I had (in the past) already downloaded (kids) video and audio from OverDrive here at my work desk to make sure I knew how it all worked, so this exercise was so simple for me that I forgot to even blog about it.

1 comment:

maura said...

oh, how hilarious are you.

i enjoy your blog. and audiobooks and podcasts are way cool. i enjoy them on my 2 hours drive back home, and have found that something light is the key. something to escape into while i am crawling on 95. and in fact, i could get out of my car and literally crawl and probably be going faster.