Monday, December 10, 2007

Wile Away With Wiki's

Sure, it was weeks ago that I linked my blog to the Ferguson Wiki...but (here I go again...) I never blogged about the experience. As far a I can recall, it registered as barely a blip, it was so easy. Once on the Ferguson Wiki, though, I was able to find everyone else's blog, and BOY WAS THAT FUN! I mean, really, we are a talented and creative bunch of people. I also posted a photo onto the Wiki's photo page...I am sensing a trend - so far, only animals are showcased. One domestic, others, er... less so.


I like the idea and the practice of Wiki's, am drawn to the whole collaborative spirit. However, having said that, a few weeks ago, I was reading an article about a big brew-ha-ha at Wikipedia, how a bunch of the more regular and prolific "editors" have banned, or barred one particular editor. I don't know if he (the banned editor) was being subversive, or if they just didn't like him, but it made me sad - and not just a little angry - that Wikipedia was becoming more like high school.

1 comment:

maura said...

loved the photograph you uploaded. or at least, i presume that was you...