Wednesday, December 5, 2007

No, no to Rollyo

I'm just not feelin the love, truthfully. I wanted so much to love all of these exercises, to feel expanded and "WOW!" but I don't love this. I thought, when I first started playing with Rollyo a few weeks ago (yeah, that's me, playing and not blogging-again) that the problem was with me - and it totally may still be with me, but I tried to build my own search engine, and realized that I wanted more information, not less. I think that there may well be times when I want to cull my information from a select group of sites, ignoring others, but usually, when I'm going to the web, I'm casting a wide net. I looked at a bunch of custom searchrolls, and found some new favorite websites - that's always a good thing. I'm going to keep at this, though. There are applications for this, I know, it's a matter of putting one together with one and getting two.

1 comment:

maura said...

great thoughts, and wonderful imagery about using a net to collect information. sometimes we find just the piece to the puzzle from unexpected locations.